Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Christmas tradition

 
For as long as I can remember, every year around Christmas my mom gives me a new ornament for our Christmas tree. This has become one of my favorite Christmas memories and traditions that I will hold on to forever and still look forward to. It is something special that my mom has started for me and I am so glad that she did. I will not picture every ornament she has given me because that would be a lot of pictures! However here are a few.:) She has given then to me pretty much my whole life so I can decorate a whole Christmas tree with just my decorations! I was not even able to put them all on the tree this year!

 
 

 


 
The candy cane and ginger bread man were a couple of my very first ornaments. My dad spent a lot of time in his workshop and my mom asked him to make me some wooden ornaments while she painted them. These are special to me since they made them together. 
 
 
I was just taking time putting on the decorations today and thinking about how much they mean to me. I wanted to share something special that goes on in my life this Christmas season. What goes on in your family that warms your heart this time of year? If you can't think of anything then I pray that God opens your eyes to something you have maybe taken for granted throughout the years. Or because it is a yearly tradition it has lost its meaning. I challenge you to find it, and meditate on the warmth that this season brings. The love of family, friends, and of course the love that God showed us through His son, Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment