Saturday, December 10, 2011

A God Opportunity

I had the chance to be a bell ringer with my niece and brother for the Salvation Army. Every year Chris and Allison sign up to ring the Salvation Army bell for her 4-H group. This year for my brother's birthday I gave him a gift certificate of my "time" because he really enjoys being with people. He has been saving it so I would go bell ringing with him and Allison. This was perfect because in a previous blog post I wrote about a bell ringer at HyVee that I was challenged by. I decided to say "Merry Christmas, God Bless You" to each bell ringer I see. I have done it more times than not, however I haven't done it every time. Sometimes I am shy, or feel silly, but I know I shouldn't. Today I felt this was God giving me the opportunity to complete my challenge. Not only to greet the bell ringers, but to be a bell ringer and greet each person walking by.



I am happy to say that I did well with my challenge. I was able to say "Merry Christmas, God Bless You" to many people! I am thankful that God gave me the opportunity, and that I was able to do what I set out to do. I hope that I was able to plant a seed in someone's life today. I was obedient, now it is up to God to do the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment