Friday, December 30, 2011

Planning Ahead

A lot has happened at the end of this year. I want to start off by saying that it is definitely important to plan ahead and save money.

I took the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace class in September 2010. I really enjoyed how my view of money changed and that I was able to be on a budget. I knew I had the money to pay for things I needed, but I really like being able to see what I have money for now because it is split into different categories. I know that no matter how much you plan and save there can be many money emergencies. It seems like just as you start to build your emergency fund, something comes up. That is what has happened to me. Luckily God has provided for me. Each time I have had just enough to cover my emergencies, but I was disappointed because I had to start over.

This year God has really shown me how He has given me the money I need to do the things I need to do plus the things I want to do. I have shared those miracles in some previous posts. Now that the end of the year is coming up I have gotten some new things that I have needed for a while. One of them was a camera. I got a good deal on it an after Thanksgiving sale. Yes I did put it on a Best Buy credit card, but I am trying to build a good credit report. With school being almost over I was sad becasue my computer was dying. It was going off and started to quit on me. Not surprising because it was 6 years old. I am glad that it had lasted me all thoroughout school, but then the time came for a new computer. I also got a great deal on it as well. It was a total of $372 on my part! That includes Microsoft Office product key! What helped a lot was that I got a $100 gift card for Christmas from my mom.

I am not the kind of girl who likes to wait for the things I want. When I need it, I want it right then, and I dont like to research my options. That has gotten me in trouble in the past. With my camera and my computer, I did put research into it. I also waited as long as I could and worked with my broken computer because I knew I didn't have the money to pay for a new one like I wanted. Even though it came down to the fact that I could not go on with the old one I feel that God lead me to the computer I would get. He even lowered the price for me.

I know that I probably could have put more money towards a saving and emergency fund, but I don't make a lot of money. God has provided me with everything I have though, and I know it could have worked. I know now that I do want to start saving better, but I am glad that God showed me in His gentle way. My thinking before was "well when I need it I will have to get it whether I have money or not". That was not a good attitude. I know now that I need to prepare more for what I need. Even when I dont think that it will break ( I had no idea my computer would go down hill so fast).

From me to you, plan ahead. I know that we can not plan ahead for everything, but as long as we are trying, God will work it out.

Another blessing in my life was receiving a piano for Christmas. I have been wanting one for a while now and God answered that prayer through my brother. I had someone else who wanted to give me one, but it was uncomfortable. I believe since I was obedient and willing to give up something that I wanted because the circumstances weren't right God blessed me even more. I did not know I was going to get one for Christmas. It was such a blessing and I am glad it came from my brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment