Monday, November 21, 2011

God Bless You

I went to Hyvee tonight to pick up some food for my family. It is that time of year when there are bell ringers outside the stores for the Salvation Army. I am sure you have seen them by now. I don't really have cash on me much so I am not a frequent donator, but tonight I had a dollar so I put it in the bucket. The lady surprised me because she said "Merry Christmas, God Bless You". I was so surprised. I had to stop and thank her for not only saying Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays, but also for adding God Bless You! I told her I really appreciated it because many bell ringers and checkers at stores say Happy Holidays more often than Merry Christmas.
It was so meaningful to me that I am challenging myself and want to invite you to join in. I plan on during this Christmas season to start carrying some cash with me so I am able to put in at least a dollar for many bell ringers. I would like to hear their response, and even if they say "Happy Holidays", I will reply with "Merry Christmas, God Bless You". I don't know what they will say or do, maybe nothing, but I hope to at least get them thinking about the true meaning of Christmas. Who knows, maybe it will be just the words someone may need to hear. I know that tonight I did, it was God's perfect timing.

If you choose to take the challenge with me I would love to hear comments on any responses or God moments happened because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment