Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Its that time of year again

So I figured I haven't written a fun post yet and its about time I do :)

In case you don't know Kansas basketball starts tonight, and I am a HUGE Jayhawk fan! So of course at 7:00 tonight I will be in front of a T.V. closed off from the rest of the world. Tonight and next Tuesday are just exhibition games, but still I am excited to see what this year will bring. KU lost a good amount of great players last season so I am not expecting too much. But good or bad, I stand by KU at all times! :)

I have been a KU fan since I can remember. My mom used to watch the games when I was little and so I remember seeing some of them with her. Then we just got busy and I wasn't able to really watch them. I remember being in high school during my sophmore year and I met a girl who was a die hard KU fan. During Spanish class she would talk about the players and who she liked on the team. If you are a KU fan, then I am sure you remember Jeff Boschee. Yes, many girls thought he was very cute, reguardless of his baskbetball abilities. Anyways it was during that year that I really got back into watching the Jayhawks. It was cool to see the game, and then come to class and talk about what happened and sharing our frustrations if they lost. Just to help you out that, means I have watched KU play every year for about 9 years now! I am sure there are many people who have kept up with them for longer, but that is still a long time to me.

"Late Night in the Phog" is probably favorite event that kicks off the basketball season at KU. This event is free to the public, but to get good seats you need to be there early. I have waited in line for 5 hours before just to get a good seat to this event. Crazy, I know! Late Night is a fun night with skits by the men and women's basketball teams, watching the mascots, Baby and Big Jay play around, some past basketball players do some skits, and ends with a highlight video of basketball since the beginning at KU, and a montage of games played while remembering all the players. The team also does a scrimmage and it is good to see what the season will bring and the new freshman.The atmosphere in the fieldhouse is amazing and so great. I love being there, surrounded by all the other people who are ready to support the Jayhawks during the upcoming season.

Me and my friend Kaci waiting for the Jayhawks at Billard


Sasha Kaun


Assistant Coach-Danny Manning (previously played for KU)


Head Coach- Bill Self


Assistant Coach- KurtisTownsend


Me and Russell Robinson


Me and Tyrel Reed 

Brady Morningstar! #12 :)


Wayne Simeon


 Brandon Rush


Mario Chalmers (I dont think anyone really knows him ;) )

I have many more pictures but that would be a lot to put up! I have been to many Late Nights, seen them land at Billard airport, watch pretty much every game and more. All in all I LOVE KANSAS JAYHAWKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment