Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy Birthday DEVIL DOGS!

Today is the 236th birthday of the United States Marine Corps! OORAH!

Marine Corps Seal- Eagle, Globe and Anchor

My brother joined the Marine Corps when I was 1 year old. I can tell you that I have just as much pride in the Marines as he does and he was the one who served. Growing up I knew that my dad was a marine and my brother, Chris was a marine. Or should I say IS. Once a marine, always a marine- is their motto. That is very strong to me. To know that no matter where they go,  they have a certain comraderie with others who have served as the Pesident's Own. Yes, this is another name for the smallest military force we have. The United States Marines are commancded by the president. They are the only force that the president can send into a situation without consulting anyone else.

This is one of my favorite helicopters the Marine's have- except it is known as "the widowmaker"
I just think it looks pretty cool. Apparently many have gone down :(

 I guess you could say that I am so proud that my father and brother's, my other brother Ray was in the Air Force, served their country well. My father served in the Vietnam war, while my brothers served in the Persian Gulf War. It is a good thing that I wasn't born for one, and was too little to remember for the other because who knows how I would have handled it. I know it was hard on my mom to not only have her husband serve overseas, but then two sons as well. She is very proud of them.

 I am thankful to be a Marine Corps sister, and so proud of my brother. He is truly an amaing man!

Again, Happy Birthday to all the Marines. Thank you for laying down your life for our country. We will never be able to repay you. If you know or see any Marines today, be sure to wish them a Happy Birthday!

If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scene, they will see the streets are guarded by  United States Marines!



No comments:

Post a Comment