Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Why

I have been wanting to write this blog post for a while and now I am sitting down to do it. I pray it is uplifting for you. I just feel I need to share it because we all need to be reminded of our absolutely beautiful song.

Rascal Flatts is one of my favorite secular bands. One day during naptime at my job (I work at a daycare) I was you tubing some of their songs and listening to them. I came across one I hadn't heard before, but knowing I like the band I clicked to listen. It was titled "Why". This song had tears welling up in my eyes in seconds, but by the end I was reminded of hope and stength in God and how beautiful life is!

In case you haven't heard this song before, it is about suicide. I do reccomend you listen to it, but if it is too personal for you I understand. It is on my playlist at the bottom of the page, or you can YouTube it. I must say that yes the song is sad, but the ending is what lifts me up. I personally do not struggle with suicide, but I know that sadly many people do. Some days I do feel like giving up on certain situations, but it is heartbreaking to think that some believe that all hope is lost, and their life is not worth living. This song really touched my heart. Here is a warning if you do not want to go any further because I am going to put the lyrics.

It must have been a place so dark you couldn't feel the light,
reachin' for you though that stormy cloud. Now here wae are gathered in our little home town, this cant be the way you meant to draw a crowd. Oh why, thats why I keep askin'. Was there anything I could've said or done? Oh I had no clue you were maskin' a troubled soul, God only knows what went wrong and why you would leave the stage in the middle of a song.

Now in my mind I keep you frozen as a seventeen year old. Roundin' third to score the winning run. You always played with passion no matter what the game. When you took the stage you shine just like the sun. Oh why thats what I keep askin'. Was there anything I could've said or done? Oh I had no clue you were maskin' a troubled soul, oh God only knows what went wrong and why you would leave the stage in the middle of a song.

Now the oak trees are swayin', in the early atutumn breeze, the golden sun shinging on my face. The tangled thoughts I hear a mockingbird sing this whole world really ain't that bad a place. Oh why there's no comprehending and who am I to try to judge or explain. Oh but I do have one burning question, who told you life wasn't worth the fight? They were wrong, they lied, now your gone and we cried, cuz its not like you to walk away in the middle of a song. Your beautiful song. Your absolutely beautiful song.

I underlined the part of the song that I really like the most. It really made me think and choke up. Yes, this world can be hard at times and  there are things we want to give up and let go of, but please don't let go of your life. Dont let your enemy tell you to give up. Don't let him lie to you and tell you that your not worth anything. Life is worth fighting for! It is your beautiful song that God gave you!


No comments:

Post a Comment