Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Blessings in difficulty

My mom and I are very close. She is my best friend. I love that we are able to talk about anything. She has always been there for me when I need her. I know that God created her just for me :). He knew what I would need in a mother and He gave me the perfect one. I also have realized that God gave her the daughter she would need as well. God puts the people together to make a family that He designed. He knows how each one will be just what the other needs. Isn't that amazing!

Even though it was a very sad time when my mom had cancer, it was great to see God's hand at work now looking back. He makes ALL things work together for our good. That means the difficult times as well.

Today was the last full day I got to spend with my mom. She will head back to work half days for the rest of the week tomorrow and then full time next week. I was sad thinking about how I am going to miss all the time we have gotten to spend together. That is when I started looking at how much God has worked on me just this last month. God showed me He had full control when He allowed my mom's surgery and my graduation to be at the same times. I really needed Him to push me out of the way and remind me that I need to trust Him fully. He is always there. After that it was sort of a rough Christmas season, but it allowed me to talk to me mom about things I hadn't gotten and chance to say. I was also able to ask for her help in my growth and to not give up on me. I know I will grow and change more because I have the desire now. There are some things I had not been willing to let go of, and I couldn't understand why. God opened my eyes to the way I was, how it came across and now I know I need to change. More importantly I want to change. I want my family and friends to know I love them and do not take them for granted. I am truly thankful for the love God has given me through them. I don't want to hurt them anymore. Of course the biggest blessing is that my mom is cancer-free! Thanks so much Father! I can't say thank You enough for all You have brought my family through. We are very blessed.


I am so thankful for the time I have gotten to spend with my mom. I know it has been great growth for both of us and it happened in God's perfect timing. This may have been a difficult time, but I know God used it to help me grow as well. I didn't think that me and my mom could be any closer, but we are now. We are on a whole other level. God's level! I Love you Mom! I pray you have a great year growing with God more and more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment