Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Heaven is for REAL!



If you have not read this book yet, I would highly recommend it! It is my favorite non fiction book of all time, well actually it is probably right underneath the Bible, that book is amazing!

If you have not heard of the book, it is about a 3 year old boy, Colton, (who is now 12) and his experience in Heaven. When he was 3 years old his appendix ruptured and he had to be taken into surgery immediately.  About four of months after the surgery, his family finally realized he had seen something extraordinary. None of the doctors reports had showed that Colton had died while one the operating table, yet he came back with great memories of Heaven and what it was like.

I know that there are probably some skeptics out there. Which is why I recommend you read the book. His dad, Todd, was a skeptic too, but he looked through the Bible and compared what Colton said to it. Also, he knew what Colton knew about Heaven and didn't know. I mean what 3 year old can know many things about Heaven? Except for maybe that Jesus is there. They can not give vivid descriptions on words they don't know yet. Not to mention Colton can point out his great grandpa, who died when Colton's dad was 7 years old! I do not want to give too much away. I just suggest you read they book. You may still have some questions, but we can't have all the answers. That is where faith comes in.

However, I do believe in Heaven. I know many of us do. But I would say that I am not looking forward to going there now. I want to be with Jesus someday, but right now I like my time here on Earth. I think what scares me the most is how I, or my loved ones, will get there. I do not like to think about death. It scares me. I do not want to see suffering, yet I do not want it to be an unexpected tragedy. My mind can send me into a panic thinking about it. This book has helped me see that Heaven will be a beautiful place. It is good to know that we will see people we know there, and in their prime. We will be with Jesus all time, and see many things that cannot be described in our language.

I had been wanting to read this book for a while, so I borrowed it from a doctor my sister works for. (I didn't have money to buy it at the time, and when I seen she just finished it I couldn't wait.) After reading the book I found out that Todd, Sonja (Colton's mom), and Colton were going to be at a local church to speak. I was so excited! At first the family was going to speak at Fellowship Bible Church at 5pm and 7 pm January 15th. However all the tickets were gone the first weekend they were available and people were requesting hundreds more! The event got moved to TPAC ( Topeka Performing Arts Center) and was going to be only held at one time, thinking it would fit all the people. WRONG! There were still two event times, and I know both of them were pretty packed. It was amazing! I loved seeing all the people come to listen to a child's trip to Heaven.


Todd and Sonja Burpo with a pastor from FBC

Colton doesn't like to talk in front of a crowd, so his mom and dad were able to answer questions about his trip, and how the family realized they had a miracle to share. However, Colton did come out at the end to sing "Amazing Grace", which fit perfectly for something he had personally experienced!




Colton Burpo

I am so glad that I got to experience this with my family. It was well worth it. I hope that you choose to read the book as well. You won't regret it!






No comments:

Post a Comment