Sunday, January 8, 2012

Priceless Masterpiece

Ever since I was a little girl I have loved looking at the night sky. There was just something beautiful about the billions of stars that scattered the dark abyss above, and the moon, full or crescent with its radiant light. I can't even find words to describle how much I love the night sky. I used to live on the out skirts of town growing up and I must say that that is where it is the most glorious. (The city lights block many of the stars that we could see each night.) In my room growing up I used to have those little glow in the dark stars pinned to my ceiling. Every night I, or my mom, would turn on my light a little before I would go to sleep so the stars would be able to glow brightly. My blinds would also be open so I could see the light of the moon shine through. I just felt so comfortable falling asleep like that. One thing I wish I would have done at my old house was to crawl up on the roof and sit there to gaze at the sky. My bedroom window opened up all the way, and the screen could pop out so it would have been easy to step out on the roof. I longed to do that so many times, but I didn't get the chance.

Once somethings started happening in my life I think I started to forget how much I enjoyed looking at the stars. About a year or so ago my eyes were opened again. I realized that since my bed is under a window I am able to open the blinds and look up at the moon and stars again as I go to sleep. I don't need to tell you that just about every night I do just that. I will fall asleep with my face towards the stars or in the moonlight. It is in this moment that I am the most comfortable.

I know that my love for the night sky comes from my Lord, and Savior. Each time I look up I can feel His magnificent love all around me. It is so beautiful to me. Knowing that He created ALL of those stars, planets, and galaxies is amazing. What a gorgious work of art. I know you probably get the picture but I just can't describe enough how the night sky makes me feel.

I could stay outside for hours finding constellations, looking for shooting stars, meteor showers, looking through a telescope (one day I will own one!), and of course praying and talking with God.

I don't know how you feel about the night sky, but I hope that I was able to give you a new perspective. Our amazing Father provided us with a beautiful picture. It is there every night. What will you think about the next time you look up at it? I suggest you take some time to really marvel at this masterpiece. I pray you feel God's love, peace, and comfort as well! Goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment